The pandemic is easing on down as life returns to… to what?
Same ole, same ole – NOT! The time in isolation gives us pause to reflect on what is essential to carry into or let go of for our future. The visioning process that I learned from Dr. Michael Bernard Beckwith’s book Life Visioning came to mind. As I shared this valuable process with several clients, I decided to share it in this blog.
Put aside some “ME” time with your journal and a pen in a quiet “DO Not Disturb” space. Enter your version of a meditative/prayer state by taking several deep full belly breaths. Pull air deep down inside as you extend your belly. Then WOSH the air out with sound. Repeat several times; let your cares and thoughts melt in a puddle on the floor beside your chair.
Now, close your eyes, breathe slowly as you ponder the following questions. As you contemplate, breathe for a couple of minutes, then write down whatever first comes to mind.
1) What is Spirit’s (fill in your connection to the Divine, Higher Self, God, Jesus, etc.) highest vision and expression for my life at this moment?
… in my Family life?
… in my Relationships?
… in my spiritual life and expression?
… in my health and fitness?
… in my personal growth & development?
… in my finances?
… in my career/avocation?
2) What unique skill or talent do I have that helps/serves others? What do I love doing more than anything else in the world?
3) What must I become to manifest what my vision is showing me? What is NOW my growing edge? Who and what must I become to fulfill this vision? What must I embrace? Are there any new habits, practices, or actions that I need to add to my life?
4) What am I already that supports this vision? What resources do I already have? What is already in my life that supports and energizes my vision?
5) What must I now let go of for my next stage of growth? What must Now be released? Are there any habits or practices that I need to let go?
Let your journal notes marinate overnight. Make a note of any insights, “Ahas,” or inspirations that come to you.